During our last term, 11 postgrad students received our Postgrad Congress Scholarship of up to 500€ for accepted and presented abstracts or oral presentations of their PhD thesis projects.
This year we are offering them again to support doctoral and medical informatics students to actively participate in international congresses. We support your congress participation with up to 500 Euro per person, if the listed criteria are fulfilled. If more persons apply than our funds can cover, the winners of the scholarship will be drawn by chance.
You can apply for a scholarship of up to 500 Euro that covers costs of congress participation, travel or accommodation for the time of the congress if the following criteria are fulfilled:
- you are a doctoral student (N094/N790/N090/MDPhD) or Medical Informatics student at the Medical University of Vienna
- you have an accepted (or submitted) abstract for an upcoming international congress in the winter term 2018/ summer term 2019 (outside of Austria, poster/oral presentation
- the abstract is part of your submitted thesis proposal
- you don’t have other funds that fully cover the congress participation
- you send your full application until March, 18th 2019 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you fulfill these criteria please send us the following documents:
- the abstract
- information about the congress (folder/website)
- confirmation of acceptance for poster/oral presentation (exception: submitted abstracts at the time of application must have an acceptance deadline until April 2nd and the letter of acceptance must be submitted until April 3rd)
- cost budget that adds up to a maximum of 500 Euro (applicable is the fee for congress participation, travel to/from the congress, accommodation during the congress)
- copy of your Confirmation of Registration (MedCampus link „registration documents“) and screenshot of the theses section of your exam results where we can see the title and date of your submitted thesis proposal (MedCampus link „exam results“)
If you are selected for a scholarship you must send us the following documents after your congress participation to receive the scholarship:
- congress certificate of attendance
- original bills for the covered costs
- confirmation of your department head that the scholarship costs were not paid for by other funds (e.g. department, other scholarship. If you received funds that don’t cover all costs, we don’t mind!)
- your bank details
- a photo of yourself at the congress (or with the certificate) or from the congress venue to be presented in our social media
Good luck & enjoy your congress!